In your off season its good to do a little reel maintenance. Below are the basics for keep your reel in good condition:
- Use your reel schematics and take your reel completely apart.
- It helps to keep a close eye on how everything works together through the process of taking it apart.
- Take special care not to strip the screws.
- It helps to use a deep pan or something to keep small parts from shooting away and losing them.
- Once your reel is apart clean off the parts with "Que tips".
- You can use water to clean the parts but make sure the parts completely dry before greasing and putting them back together.
- Make sure all parts are in good condition. If you find a part that is corroded or broken, you can get the part from your nearest reel part store or order the part online. It might take a few weeks to get the parts, but saves you a lot of money in the end.
- When putting it back together put oil on the bearings and a light amount of grease on every other moving part.
- Reference your reel schematic if you can't remember how the parts go back together.
With a little time and care your reels can last you a very long time.
||Did this rig
|# users used
|There are currently no fish associated to this rig
List other fish you have caught using this rig.