Love your piers
Piers can be a great place to catch fish. When the bite is on they can get a little crowded but with proper etiquette everybody can catch fish. Some things that will help you improve your success are:
- Bring a sabiki along. Most of your bait will be right next to the pilings and very easy to catch.
- When you have to work lures you can either lean over the rail a little and hold the rod down or you can flip the rod upside down in your hand. It takes a little getting used but really does help.
- Bring strong enough tackle to keep fish from getting into the pilings.
- Don't neglect the shallower water on the piers. Pompano and whiting will be caught right in the surf zone.
- Keep up with fishing reports to find out what is biting.
||Did this rig
|# users used
|There are currently no fish associated to this rig
List other fish you have caught using this rig.